* Article: "Why Software Should Not Have Owners" @ GNU.org
* CapturePad - video capture /trialware "CapturePad is a video capture utility which allows you to capture any screen activity into standard AVI file, JPG sequence and even into Flash SWF file. Besides that CapturePad works with any video hardware attached to the computer so you can easily grab and save a video from your webcam, tv tuner, etc." Trial
* CD-Recordable FAQ
* Codec @ Wikipedia
* Democracy Player: Internet TV (for Linux, Mac OS X, Windows)
* Drivers & more for all your Creative Labs products
* DScaler "DScaler is a piece of software that captures video, processes it, and scales it for presentation on a projector or computer monitor. Unlike most existing software that processes video, DScaler implements highly sophisticated algorithms that work in real-time, providing PC owners with a level of image quality unknown up to now"
* DScaler ) project page @ Sourceforge.net
* DVD Demystified - DVD FAQ
* DVDStyler "is a crossplatform DVD Authoring System."
* EO Video converter/joiner /trialware "Download free player and converter/joiner with 30-day trial period."
* Filters for Avisynth and VirtualDub
* Gordian Knot ) DivX/XviD encoding "Gordian Knot started out as a simple bitrate calculator for DivX encoding but has evolved to become an integrated package or tool for the entire process of DivX/XviD encoding."
* Gordian Knot ) project page
* GSpot codec information utility
* List of codecs @ Wikipedia
* MediaCoder ) project page @ SourceForge
* MediaCoder ) The universal audio/video transcoder
* Media Player Classic
* Open source codecs and containers @ Wikipedia
* QuickView DOS DivX, AVI, MOV, MPEG, VideoCD, MP3 and more player
* STOIK Video Converter Convert WMV and AVI files, and change the frames-per-second rate, frame size, and compression codec of the video stream, sampling depth, frequency, and the number of channels of audio streams. Stoik Video Converter also detects scene changes and splits video into episodes. It exports scene clips or scene-separated projects for Stoik's VideoMan."
* SUPER © .
* TMPGEnc "converts *.AVI file to MPEG1, the format which is used in VideoCD. Using variety of option in TMPEGenc, you can compress your video file in high quality. TMPGEnc enables us adjust bitrate, qantize matrix, GOP structure, Interlace and many other parameter so that you can create most appropriate movie file depends on your purpose"
* TVGuide project page
* TVGuide - tvguide.sourceforge.net "Windows program to display TV listings downloaded with XMLTV in a simple and clean interface"
* TViewer "is a Win32 TV viewing application. It works with any WDM capture driver. The goal is to view TV and not to capture it to a file. The program allows you to choose which WDM driver to use as well as to change the channel and input. The goal of the software is to remain small and easy to use"
* TViewer project page
* VideoLAN ) Documentation
* VideoLAN ) Forum
* VideoLAN ) Homepage - VLC Media Player
* VideoLAN ) Subversion repository
* VideoLAN ) VLC media player @ Wikipedia
* VideoLAN ) Wiki
* Virtualdub "VirtualDub is a video capture/processing utility for 32-bit Windows platforms (95/98/ME/NT4/2000/XP)" free+open source
* VirtualdubMod "is based on the famous video editing software VirtualDub by Avery Lee. Born as a unification of several existing modifications, a lot of new features have been added, including support for the matroska container format."
* VirtualDubMod ) Project Page @ sourceforge.net
Page generated on Mon May 7 07:37:18 2007