* "Adobe Open Sources Flex SDK Under MPL" @ Slashdot.org 04/26/2007
* "An Open Letter to a Digital World"
* "An open source security triple play"
* "Another Indian State Moving To FOSS" @ Slashdot.org 01/18/2007
* "Behind SCO's open source challenge" @ ZDNet UK
* "Belgian government chooses OpenDocument"
* "Business ignorance biggest challenge for open source: Maddog"
* "California Joins Open Document Bandwagon" @ Slashdot.org 03/01/2007
* "California Mulls Open Source"
* "Call for Asia to Adopt ODF" @ Slashdot
* "Can Open Source Trust Microsoft?" "Opinion: Or, can a sheep trust a lion? I don't think so"
* "Cisco to Open Source CTA" @ Slashdot.org 02/08/2007
* "Croatia Adopts Open Source Policy" @ Slashdot
* "DHS Funds Open-Source Security Project"
* "DHS gears up for research phase of open source bug hunt" @ Linux.com 12/06/2006
* "DoD Study Urges OSS Adoption" @ Slashdot.org
* "Economic impact of open source software on innovation and the competitiveness of the Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) sector in the EU" .PDF file, 287 pages
* "EFF Asks Supreme Court to Protect FOSS Innovation" @ Slashdot.org
* "Forget about open source at Apple"
* "Free Intel i965 graphics drivers released" @ lwn.net
* "Free Open-Source vs. Commercial Security Tools?"
* "Free Software's True Believer" @ Redherring.com
* "French Government Recommends Standardizing on ODF" @ Slashdot.org 10/05/06
* "French National Assembly Embraces Open Source" @ Slashdot.org 11/23/2006
* "French students to get open-source software on USB key" @ news.yahoo.com 02/2007
* "Future Eudora Based on Thunderbird" @ Slashdot 10/11/06
* "Golden's Rules: Why new chips + Xen = dream machines"
* "Google Announces Open Source Repository"
* "Google Releases Tesseract as Open Source" @ Slashdot.org
* "Google: the Godfather of Open Source?" @ Linux Journal
* "Hardware diagnostics with open source tools"
* "Helping Dell To Help Open Source" @ Slashdot.org 03/06/2007
* "IBM Adopts Open Patent Policy" @ Slashdot.org
* "IBM Asks Court to Toss SCO's Entire Case" @ Slashdot.org
* "Improving Open Source Speech Recognition" @ Slashdot.org 10/10/06
* "Intel aims for open-source graphics advantage" @ ZDNet Australia
* "Interview: NIIBE Yutaka, Chairman, Free Software Initiative of Japan" @ Linux.com 2007
* "Jeremy Allison Has Resigned from Novell to Protest MS Patent Deal" @ Groklaw.net 12/21/2006
* "Jeremy Allison Resigns From Novell In Protest" @ Slashdot.org 12/21/2006
* "Krugle offers code search engine for open source, with open source" @ Linux.com 02/07/2007
* "Launch of OSS For Mobile Phones" @ Slashdot.org 02/05/2007
* "Librarians stake their future on open source" @ Linux.com 12/04/2006
* "Libya Purchases 1.2 mil Wind-up Laptops" @ Slashdot 10/12/06
* "Mass. holding tight to OpenDocument"
* "Mercy Hospital opens arms to open source enterprise systems management" @ newsforge.com
* "ODF Alliance, Who, What, Where (and Why?)"
* "One Laptop Per Child Security Spec Released" @ Slashdot.org 02/07/2007
* "OpenDarwin Project Shutting Down"
* "OpenDocument Now Published ISO Standard" @ Slashdot.org 12/04/2006
* "Open Source Foes In Bed With Abramoff" @ Slashdot.org 10/12/06
* "Open Source In the National Interest"
* "Open Source Is democratising Knowledge" @ indiatimes.com 2007
* "Open source is key to reaching 500 million Indian children" @ Linux.com 02/20/2007
* "Open source project may help end homelessness in Toronto" @ Newsforge.com
* "Open-Source Router to Take on Cisco?"
* "Open source turns money-spinner"
* "Open-Source Users Break Free From Commercial Software"
* "Open Source VS Windows: Reality of a Better Paradigm"
* "Oracle Open Sources TopLink Java ORM" @ Slashdot.org 03/09/2007
* "OS Router Challenges Proprietary Networking"
* "OSS Music Composer Gaining Attention" @ Slashdot.org 02/19/2007
* "PDF to become an open, ISO standard" @ DesktopLinux.com 2007
* "QUALCOMM Launches Project in Collaboration with Mozilla Foundation to Develop Open Source Version of Eudora Email Program" @ qualcomm.com 10/11/06
* "Radio goes the open source route" @ news.bbc.co.uk 2007 "A new generation of broadcasters are to join the world's airwaves after the launch of open-source software which allows people to run a radio station from a single computer for free."
* "ReactOS Reviewed in Depth"
* "Real Dialogue: The Tech interviews Jack Valenti" @ www-tech.mit.edu
* Richard Stallman Interviewed
* "RMS transcript on GPLv3, Novell/MS, Tivo and more" @ Slashdot 11/27/2006
* "Rob Levin, lilo of FreeNode, Passes" @ Slashdot.org
* "Should FOSS supporters become consumer activists?"
* "South African Government Adopts Open Source Policy" @ technewsworld.com 2007
* "Spanish Region Goes Entirely Open Source"
* "Stallman — 20 Years of Explaining Free Software" @ Slashdot.org 01/09/2007
* "Stallman calls for action on Free BIOS" @ FSF.org
* "Stallman: Closed BIOS Code 'Unethical'" @ Betanews.com
* "Stallman Convinces Cuba to Switch to Open Source" @ Slashdot.org 02/17/2007
* "Stallman: Free software is matter of good vs evil" @ gcn.com 2007
* "Stallman Speaks at FOSDEM on Free BIOS" @ LinuxElectrons.com
* "Stallman's Speech at National Institute of Technology, Trichy - India 02/17/2004 "Every school in India should be using free software. So as, to teach the children of India to grow up to be free software users. You see, teaching these children to become users of non-free software is guiding them on to the track that leads to the train wreck. So schools have to be teaching these children to grow up to be free software users. It should be no surprise, that Microsoft is offering gratis copies of Windows to schools in India. They are doing this for the same reason that tobacco companies used to offer gratis packs of cigarettes to children. They are trying to get children hooked. They are not doing this, to be helpful to anybody. They are doing this so as to have more of their grip around these children. So, they are asking the schools to become accessories, in maintaining their grip. And this should not be surprising. If you compare Microsoft with other forms of colonialism, you will see a lot of similarities. Because you see, non-free software is a system of colonialism. The developers... Instead of one country colonizing another, it is various companies trying to colonize the whole world. And they do this, using divide conquer tactics. Keeping the user divided and helpless. And if you think about it, that is what a non-free program does, it keeps the users divided and helpless. Divided, because you are forbidden to distribute copies to other people, forbidden to help your neighbor. And helpless, because you can't get the source code and change it."
* "Sun Open Sources Java Under GPL" @ Slashdot 11/13/2006
* "Take a closer look at OpenBSD" @ ibm.com
* "Tech guru O'Reilly mashes it up"
* "Texas Bill For Open Documents" @ Slashdot.org 02/06/2007
* "The Best VHS Capture System Using Free Software?" @ Slashdot.org 04/05/2007
* "The Future of ReiserFS" @ Slashdot 10/12/06
* "The hidden benefits of free software"
* "University finds freedom, flexibility in open source business intelligence" @ Linux.com 02/23/2007
* "Venezuela promotes free open-source software as alternative to Microsoft"
* "What Is OpenDocument" @ onlamp.com
Page generated on Mon May 7 07:37:17 2007