* Article: "A geo-located photo album in five easy pieces"
* Article: BRL-CAD (Related Article) "U.S. Army Research Lab Opens BRL-CAD Source"
* Article: "CLI Magic: Feh for image viewing"
* Article: Comparison of raster graphics editors @ Wikipedia
* Article: Comparison of vector graphics editors @ Wikipedia
* Article: "Google Releases Picasa for Linux"
* Article: "ImageMagick v6 Examples"
* Article: "Linux screensaver for Windows"
* Article: "Managing digital photos with Album Shaper"
* Article: Netpbm (Related Article)
* Article: "Optimizing Website Images with the Littleutils" LG #119
* Article: "Review: Raw Therapee 1.1 promises robust photo conversion" @ Linux.com 11/16/2006
* Article: "Xara X to Be Released as Open Source"
* ATI Linux drivers
* aview - An ascii-art image browser
* Blender "the open source software for 3D modeling, animation, rendering, post-production, interactive creation and playback"
* BRL-CAD package
* BRL-CAD Project Page
* CinePaint "is a free open source painting and image retouching program designed to work best with 35mm film and other high resolution high dynamic range images."
* CinePaint Project Page @ SourceForge
* Creative Open Source (Creative Labs)
* Digikam - Home
* Digikam project page @ freshmeat
* Digikam project page @ sourceforge
* Feh project page @ freshmeat.net
* Flickr Filesystem "Flickrfs is a virtual filesystem based upon FUSE for Linux. It can be mounted on your computer and then can be accessed using the standard commands"
* F-Spot "is an application designed to provide personal photo management to the GNOME desktop. Features include import, export, printing and advanced sorting of digital images"
* F-Spot Project Page @ GnomeFiles
* GIMPshop.com - A GIMP hack by Scott Moschella
* gimpShop project page
* GIMP tutorials
* GQview "an image browser that features single click access to view images and move around the directory tree"
* gThumb GNOME Image viewer
* GTK See
* Gwenview "is an image viewer for KDE whose aims are ease of use and speed."
* ImageMagick "is a robust collection of tools and libraries to read, write, and manipulate an image in many image formats"
* imgSeek "a photo collection manager and viewer with content-based search and many other features" - former location of imgSeek: http://imgseek.sourceforge.net/
* Inkscape Project Page
* "inkscape tutorial", del.icio.us search for
* juploadr "is a cross platform, cross-site Photo uploader. Currently it runs on Windows Linux and OS X and supports both Flickr and Zooomr. It allows you to set all properties of a photo before you upload it. It also supports batch editing, so you can make short work of uploading a bunch of files"
* KDE Photo Album @ kphotoalbum.org
* KimDaba K Image Database " is a tool which you can use to easily sort your images."
* ksquirrel Project Page
* libiptcdata - C library for IPTC metadata manipulation "libiptcdata is a library, written in C, for manipulating the International Press Telecommunications Council (IPTC) metadata stored within multimedia files such as images. This metadata can include captions and keywords, often used by popular photo management applications. The library provides routines for parsing, viewing, modifying, and saving this metadata. The library is licensed under the GNU Library General Public License (GNU LGPL). The libiptcdata package also includes a command-line utility, iptc, for editing IPTC data in JPEG files."
* libsdl.org (Simple DirectMedia Layer)
* Macromedia - Flash
* Netpbm Project Page
* NVIDIA Linux Drivers
* Open Clip Art Library
* OpenGL "The Industry Standard for High Performance Graphics"
* Picasa for Linux
* Pixar's RenderMan Products
* Pixel32 "image editor, animation authoring tool, artistic media painting tool, photo retouching and web authoring application" Commercial - Free Demo Available
* POV-Ray - The Persistence of Vision Raytracer
* Raw Therapee "is a free RAW converter and digital photo processing software. It is a one-person project, developed by Gábor Horváth."
* ShowImg "is a feature-rich image viewer for KDE including an image management system"
* Skencil (formerly known as Sketch?) "Skencil is a Free Software interactive vector drawing appliction" - homepage of Skencil is also??: http://www.nongnu.org/skencil/
* Sodipodi Project Page
* Steghide "Steghide is a steganography program that is able to hide data in various kinds of image and audio-files."
* Xara Xtreme, Open Source
* XnView Image viewer
* X.Org wiki at freedesktop.org
Page generated on Mon May 7 07:37:16 2007