* Abcde project page
* ALSA (Advanced Linux Sound Architecture)
* AlsaPlayer "is a new type of PCM player. It is heavily multi-threaded and tries to excercise the ALSA library and driver quite a bit."
* amaroK "the audio player for KDE"
* amSynth "is a software synthesizer, taking inspiration from the original synths and latest digital ones, while keeping an intuitive interface"
* Ardour "is a digital audio workstation"
* Article: "Amarok adds built-in music store" @ Linux.com 11/02/2006
* Article: "Audiobooks Galore" LG #117
* Article: Campcaster article: "Open source Campcaster empowers independent radio broadcasters" @ Linux.com 01/19/2007
* Article: "Consolidate your radio streams with streamtuner" @ Linux.com 01/02/2007
* Article: "Converting .ra Files to .ogg"
* Article: "Editing WMA files with Audacity"
* Article: "Get your groove on with Amarok" @ Linux.com 01/04/2007
* Article: "Linux Multimedia Studio (LMMS) aka "sal likes a bit of techno"
* Article: "Mastering podcasts with Audacity"
* Article: "Monitor your Linux computer with machine-generated music" @ IBM.com 11/14/2006
* Article: "Ogg Vorbis Gaining Industry Support" @ Slashdot.org 02/06/2007
* Article: "Songs in the Key of Tux: KGuitar" @ Linuxgazette.net LG #131
* Article: Streamripper - Tutorial (console)
* Article: Three Steps to MIDI on Linux @ linuxquestions.org
* Article: Wired (Slashdot.org article about this program) "Wired: Pro-Level, GPL'd Audio Editing For Linux"
* aRts "simulates a complete "modular analog synthesizer"
* Audio Convert project page
* Autogg "is an ogg player that automatically organizes your music for easy finding and playing"
* Banshee "Easily Manage and Listen to Your Music"
* Baudline signal analyzer - FFT spectrogram @ baudline.com
* Baudline @ Wikipedia "The baudline time-frequency browser is a signals analysis tool designed for scientific visualization. It runs on several popular Unix operating systems that utilize the X Window System for high speed local and remote display. Baudline is useful for real-time spectral monitoring, collected signals analysis, generating test signals, making distortion measurements, and playing back audio files."
* Beast "music composition and modular synthesis application" "Beast is a powerful music composition and modular synthesis application released as free software under the GNU GPL and GNU LGPL, that runs under unix. It supports a wide range of standards in the field, such as MIDI, WAV/AIFF/MP3/OggVorbis/etc audio files and LADSPA modules. It has excellent technical abilities like multitrack editing, unlimited undo/redo support, real-time synthesis support, 32bit audio rendering, full duplex support, multiprocessor support, conditional MMX/SSE utilisation for plugins, precise timing down to sample granularity, on demand and partial loading of wave files, on the fly decoding, stereo mixing, FFT scopes, MIDI automation and full scriptability in scheme. The plugins, synthesis core and the user interface are actively being developed and translated into a variety of languages,"
* Campcaster "A free and open source automation system for radio stations Campcaster is the first free and open radio management software that provides live studio broadcast capabilities as well as remote automation in one integrated system."
* campware.org - free software for a free press "Campware is dedicated to develop, distribute, support and implement useful tools for independent news media in emerging democracies. All Campware software is released as open source and under the GNU General Public License."
* codecs and containers, Open source @ Wikipedia
* codecs, List of @ Wikipedia
* codec @ Wikipedia
* Creative.com's Open Source page
* Dan's Tuner project page @ sourceforge.net
* EarToner "ear training software to help you learn to identify various musical sounds such as intervals, chords, scales and whether two notes are in tune with each other."
* EarToner project page @ sourceforge.net
* EasyTAG "EasyTAG is an utility for viewing and editing tags for MP3, MP2, FLAC, Ogg Vorbis, MusePack and Monkey's Audio files. Its simple and nice GTK+ interface makes tagging easier under GNU/Linux."
* Elisa Media Center
* Exaile "Exaile is a media player aiming to be similar to KDE's AmaroK, but for GTK+"
* FLAC - Free Lossless Audio Codec
* FLAC - Free Lossless Audio Codec @ Wikipedia
* Gnormalize project page @ Freshmeat.net
* GNU GTick "is a metronome application written for GNU/Linux and other UN*X-like operting systems supporting different meters (Even, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4 and more) and speeds ranging from 10 to 1000 bpm. It utilizes GTK+ and OSS (ALSA compatible). It is part of the GNU Project."
* GNU Radio
* GNU Solfege "free ear training software | Main / GNU Solfege - Smarten your ears"
* GooBox @ GnomeFiles.org
* Goobox @ Wikipedia
* Grip CD Ripping/MP3 Encoding for Linux
* GStreamer "GStreamer is a library that allows the construction of graphs of media-handling components, ranging from simple Ogg/Vorbis playback to complex audio (mixing) and video (non-linear editing) processing."
* GTKpod a GUI for Apple's iPod using GTK2
* Hydrogen "is an advanced drum machine for GNU/Linux. It's main goal is to bring professional yet simple and intuitive pattern-based drum programming."
* Icecast Project Page #1
* Icecast Project Page #2
* JACK Audio Connection Tookit - Qt GUI Interface
* Jokosher "Jokosher is a simple yet powerful multi-track studio. With it you can create and record music, podcasts and more, all from an integrated simple environment."
* JuK "is an audio jukebox that supports collections of MP3, Ogg Vorbis and FLAC"
* KDE Multimedia Homepage
* KRadio "Listening to Radio Broadcasts with KDE"
* Lilypond Project Page
* Linuxquestions.org Radio > Open Talk about Open Source and Linux
* Madman Project Page
* MP3rename "is a command-line utility designed to help keep vast amounts of mp3s easy to read and access by keeping nasty characters and odd formatting conventions away"
* Muine Music Player
* MusicMan Project Page
* Music Player Daemon project page @ freshmeat.net
* Noatun - The KDE Media Player
* OGMRip Project Page
* Phonon, Open Source Multimedia
* RealPlayer 10
* ReZound Project Page
* Rhythmbox "The music management application for GNOME"
* RipIT Project Page
* Rockbox - Open Source Jukebox Firmware
* Rosegarden "Rosegarden is a professional audio and MIDI sequencer, score editor, and general-purpose music composition and editing environment. Rosegarden is an easy-to-learn, attractive application that runs on Linux, ideal for composers, musicians, music students, and small studio or home recording environments"
* Serpentine audio cd mastering for Gnome - Features include: "Extracts audio from video contents, like an MPEG video" "Supports multiple formats files, like WAV, MP3, OGG, FLAC and every other gstreamer does" "Supports drag and drop: drop musics directly from Rhythmbox or Nautilus" "Clean and easy to use interface"
* SharpMusique project page @ freshmeat.net
* SoundConverter - GNOME Sound Conversion
* Sound Juicer - FTP Index of /pub/gnome/sources/sound-juicer
* Sound Juicer - Home
* Sound Juicer - project page @ freshmeat
* Sound Juicer - project page @ Gnomefiles
* SoundTracker "SoundTracker is a music tracking tool for Unix / X11 similar in design to the DOS program FastTracker and the Amiga legend ProTracker. Samples can be lined up on tracks and patterns which are then arranged to a song. Supported module formats are XM and MOD; the player code is the one from OpenCP. A basic sample recorder and editor is also included. SoundTracker is free ("open source") software, licensed under the GNU GPL."
* SoundTracker project page @ freshmeat.net
* SoundTracker project page @ sourceforge.net
* SoX Sound eXchange
* Sphinx-4 A speech recognizer written entirely in Java(TM)
* Swami "is an advanced instrument editor for MIDI music composition and a sampler frontend"
* TagLib "Audio Meta-Data Library"
* Tempest for Eliza "is a Program that uses your computer monitor to send out AM radio signals. You can then hear computer generated music in your radio."
* The Wired CD "Rip. Sample. Mash. Share."
* Vorbis audio compression @ xiph.org
* Vorbis.com Open, Free Audio - .OGG
* VoxForge "was set up to collect transcribed speech for use with Open Source Speech Recognition Engines. We will categorize and make available all submitted audio files under the GPL license, and then 'compile' them into Acoustic Models for use with Open Source Speech Recognition engines such as Sphinx, HTK, CAVS and Julius"
* Whitenoise project page @ freshmeat.net
* Xmcd "is a full-featured CD Player and Ripper"
* XMMS equalizer presets howto
* XMMS Themes @ Freshmeat.net
* yammi mission: "Make music management on your computer as easy and efficient as it should be"
* Zinf audio player "is a simple, but powerful audio player"
Page generated on Mon May 7 07:37:16 2007